All accommodation includes Breakfast (toast/cereal/tea-coffee fruit juice).
3 The town plan indicated that how to play dinosaur king trading card game Pascoe Street would be the main thoroughfare, but the erection of several buildings on Collingwood Street meant that it became Apollo Bay's commercial centre.
The Apollo Bay slsc became the ninth club to be affiliated with Surf Lifesaving Victoria.
During this period almost the only access to the area was by sea, but a coach service from Birregurra to Apollo Bay was inaugurated in 1889.
3 With the upgrade of the road to the town in 1927, and then the completion of the Great Ocean Road in 1932, the area became a tourist destination and an important fishing port.The Apollo Bay Telegraph station closed in 1963 and is now a museum.10 The Apollo Bay Surf Lifesaving Club was established in 1952 as a result of a meeting held on the foreshore by interested townspeople and Surf Lifesaving Victoria officials.3 The pier at Point Bunbury was swept away in a storm, as was a second pier at that site.Mostly clear, thu 6 Dec 25 15, clear, fri 7 Dec 19 13, light rain.It is situated on the eastern side.The town has an Australian Rules football team competing in the Colac District Football League.
A Register of Massacre sites in Western Victoria, Aboriginal Studies Press, 1995 isbn a b c d e f "Apollo Bay History Trail" (PDF).
Barham River and on the, great Ocean Road, in the, colac Otway Shire.
"Apollo Bay (State Suburb.
Gadubanud, or King Parrot people, of the Cape Otway coast.
The first European settlers were timber cutters in the 1850s who subsequently established sawmills.Archived from the original on Retrieved 27 December 2012.11 Apollo Bay Golf Club is on Nelson Street- 12 ( website ) and Apollo Bay Pony Club - ( website ).It is also host to the annual Apollo Bay Music Festival and the Great Ocean Sports Festival.A b c d "Apollo Bay".Check our deals page for Accommodation and 2 Day Tour deals.Contents, history edit 1936 Stamp- Cable to Tasmania depicting.3 4 A township on Apollo Bay was surveyed in 1853 and named Middleton.3 Middleton post office (with a fortnightly mail delivery) opened on 5 A school was opened in 1880.